The Metro Omaha Medical Society Foundation identifies and provides support to community priorities where physician involvement can make a difference in improving the health of the Metro Omaha Community.
Each year the MOMS Foundation awards grants to local non-profit, health-related organizations whose efforts make a positive impact in our community. All proposals must be sponsored by a Physician member of the Metro Omaha Medical Society. The application for 2018 is closed.
Priority funding will be given to proposals that:
- Respond to a demonstrated or emerging community health need.
- Support effective, proven or promising solutions.
- Build upon and maximizes other community resources.
- Provides matching funds to support the project
- Offer a clear plan for financial sustainability.
Annual Match Program:
Each year the MOMS Foundation selects a single non-profit organization or program to receive this grant. The Metro Omaha Medical Society Foundation matches up to the first $5,000.00 in donations to the Match Program.
Stephen Center’s Medical Clinic is this year’s recipient of the MOMS Foundation Match Grant. The donation deadline is Friday, January 25, 2018. Funds will be presented to the Stephen Center’s Medical Clinic at the MOMS Annual Meeting on January 30, 2018.
ABOUT STEPHEN CENTER:
Stephen Center has served homeless and low-income individuals in Omaha since 1984 and has grown to include a multi-facility campus supporting vulnerable men, women and children seeking to overcome homelessness, addiction, and poverty. They serve approximately 200 people daily.
To address the health needs of those they serve, Stephen Center recently established an on-site primary care medical clinic. Providers currently bring their own equipment and supplies and have identified the wish list of items below to outfit their clinic.
HOW YOUR DONATION WOULD BE USED:
The grant funds would be used to provide clinic equipment and supplies. In addition to financial donations, MOMS is also accepting donations of working equipment or supplies from the list provided.
• ECG machine and supplies
• Pediatric oximeter
• Welch Allyn Kleenspec Cordless Illumination System and supplies (PAP testing/vaginal exams)
• Standing scale with height bar
• Supplies (gauze, tape, syringes, needles, items for joint or soft tissue injections)
• Nebulizer and associated supplies